Wimbledon Strawberry Cheesecake
Celebrate Wimbledon with this deliciously simple cheesecake, served with a sweet strawberry coulis.
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 40 mins plus 2 hours in fridge
What you'll need
- 2x125g Delamere Dairy plain goats' cheese logs
- 75g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 300ml crème fraîche
- 600ml double cream
- 300g strawberries
- 3 tsp icing sugar
- 170g white caster sugar
- 150g halved fresh strawberries
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 lime, zested
How to make it...
1. Crush the digestive biscuits or blitz in a food processor and mix with the melted butter. Firmly press the crushed biscuit mix evenly over the base of a flan dish. Transfer to the fridge while you prepare the filling.
2. Beat the goats' cheese to soften. Beat in the crème fraîche a little at a time until combined.
3. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cheese and crème fraîche mixture. Finally, mix in the icing sugar a little at a time, to taste.
4. Evenly spoon the filling over the base and allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
5. For the coulis; blend the strawberries, sugar and lime zest in a food processor until smooth. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. (The sauce is best served cold).
6. To serve,slice the cheesecake, drizzle with strawberry coulis and garnish with sliced strawberries to serve.
Cooks tip: For a light-textured cheesecake, be careful not to over-work the cheesecake mix once you have added the cream.