Spiced Cheese Pancakes
Sweet pancakes made with Delamere Dairy's spreadable goats' cheese
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 30 mins Cooking Time: 40 mins
What you'll need
- 4 tangerines peeled and de-pithed
- ½ punnet cranberries
- 1 measure of brandy
- 55g caster sugar (plus extra to serve)
- 250g Delamere Dairy spreadable goats' cheese
- Level teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 50g plain flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
How to make it...
- Place the tangerines in a small saucepan with 40g caster sugar. Set over a low heat and stir occasionally until the sugar has melted and the tangerines begin to release their juice and add the cranberries. Then pour in the brandy and set aside to reheat just before you are ready to serve the pancakes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl beat the spreadable cheese with the mixed spice, egg yolks and whisk in the flour and a small pinch of salt.
- Place the egg whites in a clean dry bowl and whisk with 15g of caster sugar until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold them into the cheese mixture with a large spoon to make a fluffy batter.
- Place a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add a few drops of olive oil until hot and drop three large spoonfuls of the batter onto the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until set and golden then flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes until lightly coloured on both sides. Continue adding batter and cooking pancakes until the batter is finished. It should make 12 pancakes.
- Divide the pancakes between four plates and dust with the remaining good pinch of caster sugar. Spoon the warmed fruit over the pancakes and serve immediately.