Cream of Pumpkin and honey soup with goats’ cheese garnish
This winter warming pumpkin and honey soup makes the perfect festive starter!
What you'll need
- 1 x 1kg pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded (keep some seeds for garnishing) and cut into chunks
- 40ml olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 4tbsp crème fraiche
- 2tbsp honey
- 1tbsp paprika, to garnish
- Basil oil for garnishing
- 100g Delamere Dairy goats’ cheese pearls
How to make it...
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and sweat the onions for 4-5 minutes until they start to soften. Add the pumpkin and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock to the saucepan, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Stir in the crème fraîche, then purée the soup with a hand held blender until smooth. Adjust the seasoning and then ladle into serving bowls.
- Whisk together the honey and paprika with a teaspoon of hot water.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and drizzle the honey and paprika mixture on top.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, basil oil and a sprinkling of goats’ cheese pearls.