Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
Masterchef Brian Mellor demonstrates how to cook his warming Thai butternut squash soup using Delamere Dairy's sterilised cows' milk to give the soup a deliciously creamy taste.
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 30 mins
What you'll need
- 350ml Delamere Dairy Sterilised Semi-Skimmed milk
- 200g Butternut Squash
- 1 small White Onion
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Red curry paste
- 200g Sweet potato
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 20ml Coconut Cream, well beaten
- 2 stalks of Coriander
How to make it...
- Peel, de-seed and chop the squash, peel & chop the onion & sweet potato.
Heat the oil gently in a saucepan.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins until soft but not browned.
- Add the curry paste & cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the milk and seasoning and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend until smooth and check the seasoning pour into a bowl with a swirl of creamed coconut on top and a little chopped coriander.