You'll never find a creamier rice pudding than this one.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- 140g Pudding rice, soaked
- 1litre Delamere Dairy goats' milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 70ml hazelnut oil (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 125g sugar
How to make it...
- Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- Put rice in a heavy pan with milk, vanilla pod, seeds and cook until tender.
- Cream together eggs and sugar in a bowl.
- Bring rice to a roaring boil and add a ladle full of rice to the egg mix and whisk vigorously then pour over the remaining rice and milk mix.
- Add the hazelnut oil and allow to cool a little before eating. (Alternatively drizzle some strawberry jam on to rice pudding for a colourful finish.)