Rustic Winter Vegetable Tartlets
Individual savoury tarts that combine goats’ cheese and squash for a warm, delicious appetiser.
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 25 Mins
What you'll need
- 1.5kg winter vegetables (butternut squash, sweet potato, red onion, parsnip, carrots, turnips, beetroot etc.) peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 400g puff pastry
- 100g Delamere Dairy plain goats’ cheese pearls
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 gloves garlic, crushed
- Fresh rosemary springs
How to make it...
- In a large bowl, mix the prepared vegetables with 2 tablespoons of oil and thyme. On a baking sheet, roast at 220°C for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile roll the pastry to the required thickness, and cut circles using a 10cm cutter.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, and stir in the balsamic and garlic.
- Divide the vegetable mixture among the pastry circles, leaving minimum 2cm borders. Fold pastry edges up around the vegetables to form tart edges.
- Sprinkle the goats’ cheese pearls on top of the vegetables, evenly spread across the 8 tartlets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tarts are golden brown. Drizzle with remaining oil and garnish with rosemary sprigs.