Delicious and creamy festive cheesecake recipe with a gingernut biscuit base.
What you'll need
For the base:
- 260g gingernut biscuits
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 85g Delamere Dairy goats’ butter, melted
For the filling:
- 175ml double cream, at room temperature
- 600g Delamere Dairy spreadable goats’ cheese
- 1 egg yolk and 2 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
How to make it...
- Crush the biscuits, then add the sugar and melted butter and mix well.
- Press into the base of an 8 inch springform cake tin, flattening with the base of a glass.
- Cook at 200°C (180°C fan assisted) for no more than5 mins, then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cheese and eggs together then beat in the cream.
- Then, beat in the flour, sugar, ginger and vanilla seeds.
- Bake at 170°C (150°C fan assisted) for 45 mins to 1 hour until firm but slightly wobbly if shaken.
- Turn off the oven, leave the door ajar and leave to cool for another 45 mins to 1 hour – it may crack a little but if you had everything at room temp when you started, it’s much less likely to.
- Cool on a rack and when cold, run a knife around the edge, wrap with cling film and store in the fridge to set for 4 hours or overnight.