Goats' Cheese & Leek Risotto
Sweet leek and tangy goats' cheese risotto.
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- 100g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- One chopped clove garlic
- One large leek sliced in rings
- 250g Arborio rice
- Half glass of white wine
- Approx 250ml vegetable stock hot
- 100ml warm Delamere Dairy goats' milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Bunch chopped chives
- 100g Delamere Dairy medium goats' cheese, coarsely grated
How to make it...
- Sweat the shallots, garlic and leek in butter until soft. Add the rice and cook until transparent.
- Add the white wine and stir in until it has all been soaked up.
- Add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly until all is absorbed then repeat with the milk until the rice is cooked and creamy. (add more stock than the recipe if the rice is still slightly undercooked). Add salt and pepper and a little olive oil.
- Add the Delamere cheese and stir in for 20-30 seconds before serving. Sprinkle with chopped chives.