Extra tasty Delamere custard
Everyone's favourite...lovely custard, made even lovelier with our extra tasty milk!
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- 600ml Delamere Dairy whole sterilised cows' milk
- 2 vanilla pods, split lengthways or 2 tsp good quality vanilla essence
- 4 eggs, yolks only
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
How to make it...
- Pour the milk into a pan, add the vanilla and heat gently on a low heat.
- Meanwhile put the sugar and cornflour in a bowl. Crack the eggs, splitting out the egg white in a separate dish and then add the egg yolk to the sugar. Beat well.
- Once the milk is hot, slowly pour over the egg and sugar mixture, whisking vigorously until it is all mixed together well.
- Return the mixture to the pan and gently heat, constantly stirring until the mixture thickens to a consistency which coats the back of a spoon (approx 5-6 mins).
- Remove the vanilla pod and serve.