Watercress & goats' cheese muffins
A scrumptious savoury muffin, perfect for elevenses and snacking throughout the day!
Servings: 10 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 25 mins
What you'll need
- 85g watercress
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp dried mustard powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g Delamere Dairy's medium goats' cheese (grated)
- 3 medium eggs
- 175ml Delamere Dairy's whole goats' milk
- 100g Delamere Dairy's goats' butter
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put 10 paper muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Remove any tough stems from the watercress and chop the rest finely.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, mustard, cayenne, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together and add the flour mixture with the melted butter and watercress.
- Stir until just mixed, it's important that you don't over-mix though, or the muffins will be tough.
- Divide the dough between the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.