Custard with Raspberries
Masterchef Brian Mellor makes White Chocolate Custard with Delamere Dairy's sterilised cows' milk.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- 600ml Delamere Dairy sterilised whole milk
- 1L Milk Sterilised Semi Skimmed
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 120g Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g grated White Chocolate
- 400 g raspberries
How to make it...
- Heat the milk gently with the vanilla extract.
- Meanwhile whisk the yolks, sugar and cornflour together so that it is smooth, then carefully pour the hot milk onto the egg yolk mixture gently whisking as you do so.
- Return to the pan on low heat, add three quarters of the chocolate & cook until it thickens. Stir slowly constantly.
- When ready pour into a clean plastic bowl and stir occasionally as it cools.
- Take half the raspberries and place in a food processor or liquidiser with the 100g of sugar, blend until smooth. If you wish you can pass the sauce through a strainer at this point to remove the seeds. Gently stir the remaining raspberries into the sauce, keep two nice ones for decoration.
Place a spoonful of raspberries in the bottom of a dish, then pipe or spoon the white chocolate custard over them, layer the remaining raspberries and custard until it's all used up finishing with a layer of custard. Decorate with the reserved chocolate, raspberry and a sprig of mint. Chill before serving.