Caramelised Onion & Goats' Cheese Tart
The restaurant classic goats' cheese tart made with Delamere Dairy's medium goats' cheese.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins
What you'll need
- 4 circles of puff pastry, rolled out and cut to approximately 10cm in diameter
- Olive oil
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 25g plain flour
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 150g Delamere Dairy medium goats' cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Fresh chopped basil
How to make it...
- Bake the pastry in the individual tart dishes. It is important to make a few holes in the bottom of the pastry with the end of a needle or fork, this will allow air to escape.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions in a little olive oil until soft and lightly coloured.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook until the onions are caramelised.
- Add the butter followed by the flour and stir to a paste
- Slowly, in three or four stages, add the vegetable stock, stirring well on each occasion.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and allow to cool
- Divide the onion mix between each tartlet, place two of the slices of goats cheese on top, brush with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place under a hot grill or oven until melted. Garnish with chopped basil.