Cauliflower Soup with Goats' Cheese Topping
A classic soup with a goaty twist.
Servings: 6-8 Prep Time: 15mins Cooking Time: 30mins
What you'll need
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ litre Delamere Dairy goats' milk
- 2 cauliflowers, cut into florets
- ½ litre of chicken stock
- 50g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 150ml cream
- 2 level teaspoons of cornflour
- salt and pepper
For the goats' cheese topping
- 80g Delamere Dairy Greek goats' cheese crumbled
- 2 slices of white bread crusts removed
- Small bunch of parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs finely grated
How to make it...
- First make breadcrumbs by placing the bread, flour and parsley in a food processor until fine crumb is achieved. Put breadcrumbs in a bowl and stir in the goats' cheese and grated egg. Put to one side.
- Peel and chop up the onion and garlic.
- Place in a pan with the butter and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the florets into the pan with the stock, milk and cream. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is well cooked.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little water, mix to paste and add to the pan. Remove the pan from the heat, liquidise well and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle on the cheese crumb. Place under a grill for 30 seconds until 'crusty brown'.