Master Chef Brian Mellor makes the best Bread Sauce ever with Delamere Dairy's sterilised cows' milk.
Servings: 4-6 Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins
What you'll need
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves
- 300ml Delamere Dairy's sterilised skimmed milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 80g white breadcrumbs
- 55g salted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 30ml whipping cream
How to make it...
- Cut the onion in half. Attach the bay leaf to one half by securing them with the cloves. Place both onion halves into a pan with the milk making sure the cloves are immersed.
- Add the seasoning & nutmeg then bring it to the boil very slowly to infuse the flavours.
- Remove the milk from the heat and strain it on to the breadcrumbs. Leave to swell for a few minutes, and then add the butter and cream. Mix and return to the saucepan.
- Reheat the sauce carefully until it thickens slightly and you are happy with the consistency.
- If the sauce has become too thick, beat in more hot milk to the desired consistency.