Traditional Potato Soup
Celebrate St Patrick's Day or warm up a cold day with our traditional Irish potato soup recipe, made with Delamere Dairy goats' milk and goats' butter. It's a classic comforting dish, perfect for a cold wet day.
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 10mins Cooking Time: 25mins
What you'll need
- 55g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 425g peeled and diced potatoes,
- 110g diced onions,
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 900ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 120ml Delamere Dairy goats' milk
- Freshly chopped herbs
How to make it...
- Firstly, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the potatoes and onions and coat them with the melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover the potatoes with the lid of the pan and sweat on a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil. Add the boiling stock to the vegetables and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the milk and purée the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped herbs.