Irish Bread and Butter pudding
A lovely traditional bread and butter pudding recipe just with a delicious Irish twist.
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 40 mins Cooking Time: 50 mins
What you'll need
- 12 slices of white bread, crusts removed*
- 4oz soft butter
- 4oz sultanas or currants or a mix.
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 pints Delamere Dairy's whole sterilised cows' milk
- 6 tbsp Irish cream (e.g. Baileys)
*You can switch your bread for brioche, panettone or pain au chocolat for a different taste.
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 160°c.
- Butter the bread generously and cut each slice into 4 small squares.
- Butter a suitable heatproof dish and line with half the buttered squares of bread - buttered side up - then sprinkle all the sultanas/currants and half the sugar. Top with the remaining buttered squares.
- Beat the eggs, milk & Irish cream well together then strain into dish over the bread. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the milk.
- Top evenly with the remaining sugar then bake in centre of oven at 160C for approx 50mins until the pudding is set and the top is crisp.