Red Pepper & Goats' Cheese Frittata
An Italian-style omelette with grilled red pepper, red onion, potatoes and goats' cheese, served with a mixed leaf salad.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 35 mins
What you'll need
For the frittata
- 1 large red onion (approx 210g), cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 medium red peppers (155g each), cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 4 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), halved and thinly sliced
- 125g log of Delamere plain goats' cheese, crumbled
- 180ml Delamere goats' milk
- 6 free range medium eggs
- a handful of fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the salad
- 140g mixed salad leaves
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
How to make it...
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the pepper and red onion on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Grill, turning half way through, for 15-20 minutes, or until beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 6-8 minutes, or until tender.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, goats' cheese and parsley. Season generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the cooked potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the grilled red pepper and red onion, then pour in the beaten egg mixture, making sure the other ingredients are covered. Stir the egg mixture to break it up a little as it begins to cook. Cook for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat, or until the edge of the frittata begins to set.
- Turn the grill down to a medium heat. Place the frittata pan under the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and the top is golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare a vinaigrette for the salad by thoroughly mixing together the balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss the mixed salad leaves and cherry tomatoes with the dressing and serve alongside the frittata.