Nice and easy Sticky Toffee Pudding
A nice and simple traditional Sticky Toffee Pudding recipe.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 40 mins
What you'll need
- 6oz dates (stoned and chopped - they can be bought like this)
- 1/2 pint water
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2oz butter
- 6oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6oz self raising flour
For the Toffee sauce :
- 7oz soft brown sugar
- 6 tbsp double cream
- 4 1/2 oz butter
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. Put dates together in a pan with the water and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat. Add bicarb of soda. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, Mix together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add flour.
- Then stir in the date mixture.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf tin (or line with greaseproof paper). Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slowly heat all the toffee sauce ingredients together in a pan, stirring constantly. Serve immediately pouring over the baked pudding.
- Serve with lashings of our yummy custard.