Pear & Ginger Bread & Butter Pudding
A delicious variation on a classic bread and butter pudding with torn buttered bread and fresh pear baked in goats' milk served with ginger custard.
Servings: 4-6mins Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 30 mins
What you'll need
- 2 ripe dessert pears (200g each), peeled, cored and cut into thick slices
- 400g unsliced white farmhouse bread, roughly torn into chunks
- 4 free range medium eggs, beaten
- 70g Delamere Dairy goats' butter, softened
- 350ml Delamere Dairy goats' milk
- 75ml double cream
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 110g white caster sugar
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven 180°C. Mix 1 tsp ground ginger with the softened butter and spread onto the bread. Arrange the bread and pear pieces into an ovenproof dish.
- Beat together the milk, cream, eggs, sugar and 1 tsp ginger and pour over the bread and pears. (If you have too much mix to pour in at once, allow to stand for a couple of minutes so some is absorbed by the bread, then pour on the remaining mix.)
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the custard is set and the top is golden. Serve immediately.