Light zesty sponge loaf using our scrumptious goats' butter.
Servings: 15 Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 40 mins
What you'll need
- 170g self raising flour
- 170g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lemon
How to make it...
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C and grease an 8 inch by 10 inch baking tin.
- Cream the butter and 170g of sugar in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the flour and the grated lemon rind.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the tin and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until springy when touched.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin.
While the cake is cooking.
- Place the lemon juice and remaining caster sugar into a small saucepan and heat until warm but not boiling.
- When the cake has cooked prick the top with a fork and spoon the syrup over the cake.