Light zesty sponge loaf using our scrumptious goats' butter.
Servings: 10 Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins
What you'll need
- 225g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
For the drizzle topping
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 85g caster sugar
How to make it...
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C and grease a 8x21 cm loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the flour and the lemon zest.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until springy when touched.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin.
While the cake is cooling mix together the juice of 1 ½ lemons and 85g caster sugar to make the drizzle. Prick the warm cake all over with a skewer or fork, then pour over the drizzle – the juice will sink in and the sugar will form a lovely, crisp topping.