Honey & Orange Cheesecake
A simple cheesecake with a biscuit base, flavoured with honey goats' cheese and orange.
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 40 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins plus 2 hours in fridge
What you'll need
For the base
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 75g Delamere goats' butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
For the cheesecake mix
- 2x 125g Delamere Dairy honey goats' cheese logs
- 300ml creme fraiche
- 600ml double cream
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar (to taste)
For the orange sauce
- 3 oranges, zested and juiced
- 30ml orange liqueur (optional)
- 170g white caster sugar
How to make it...
- Crush the digestive biscuits or blitz in a food processor and mix with the melted butter and honey. Firmly press the crushed biscuit mix evenly over the base of the cake tin. Transfer to the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Beat the goats' cheese to soften and then beat in the crème fraiche a little at a time until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the goats' cheese and crème fraiche mixture. Then stir in the orange juice and honey. Finally, mix in the icing sugar a little at a time, to taste.
- Evenly spoon the filling over the base and allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the orange sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce has developed a thicker consistency. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, carefully remove the cheesecake from the cake tin and cut into 12 slices. Serve drizzled with the orange sauce.
Cooks tip: For a light-textured cheesecake, be careful not to over-work the cheesecake mix once you have added the cream.
Equipment: You will need a 20cm (8 inch) springform cake tin and a food processor for this recipe.