Goats' Cheese, Thyme & Honey Rarebit
A delicious snack made in minutes, a melt in your mouth cheesy classic with dash of honey - yummy!
Servings: 1 Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 2 mins
What you'll need
- 1 thick slice of granary bread
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 2 sprigs of thyme, one whole, one stripped of its leaves
- Olive oil
- 5-6 slices of Delamere Dairy medium goats' cheese
- Runny honey
- Salt & pepper
How to make it...
- Lightly toast the bread under the grill.
- Rub the hot surface of the bread, first with the cut garlic clove, then with the sprig of thyme.
- Trickle a little olive oil over the toast, then lay the slice of goats' cheese on top.
- Grill until the cheese is bubbling.
- Trickle the goats' cheese with a drizzle of honey (1tsp max).
- Season, and scatter with chopped thyme leaves, and serve while hot.