Delamere Christmas Butter
With cranberries and clementines, use this colourful butter to baste the turkey or as a festive alternative to ordinary butter.
What you'll need
- 250g Delamere Dairy goats’ butter, at room temperature
- 75g dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- The finely grated zest of 1 clementine
- Salt & pepper
How to make it...
- Put the butter in bowl and add finely chopped cranberries and herbs.
- Mix together with a pinch of salt & pepper and clementine zest.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Get your turkey and use a spoon to work your way between the skin and the meat.
- Push the butter into the cavity created from the leg up to the breastbone and coat the breast meat as evenly as possible.
- Do the same on the other side, then rub any leftover butter all over the outside of the bird to use it up.
- Cover the turkey in cling film and leave it in the fridge until you’re ready to cook it