Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes topped with a goats' cheese frosting and fresh strawberries.
Servings: 8-10 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 25 mins
What you'll need
For the cupcake mix
- 200g strawberries
- 240g plain white flour
- 280g white caster sugar
- 80g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 240ml Delamere Dairy goats' milk
- 2 free range medium eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 250g of icing sugar
- 25g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 125g log of Delamere Dairy plain goats' cheese
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Reserve some strawberry halves for garnishing the cupcakes and hull and chop the remaining strawberries.
- In a food mixer, beat together the sugar and 80g butter and then beat in the flour and baking powder. Next, beat in the milk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Finally, beat in the egg and mix until well combined.
- Place paper cases in a cupcake tray. Spoon a little of the cupcake mix into the bottom of each, and then evenly divide the chopped strawberries between the cases.
- Spoon the rest of the cupcake mix into the cases until they are three-quarters full and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting, beat together the goat's cheese and 25g of butter until combined. Add the icing sugar and mix until well combined.
- Spread the icing on the cupcakes and decorate with the reserved strawberries to serve.
Cooks hint: Crush a couple of digestive biscuits and sprinkle over the top of the frosting to give a little extra 'cheesecake crunch'.
Equipment: You will need a cupcake or muffin tray for this recipe. We recommend making large cupcakes using paper muffin cases. If using traditional cupcake cases reduce the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.