A slightly lighter version of the creamy classic, Panna Cotta with an optional citrus twist.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 3 hrs Cooking Time: 15 mins
What you'll need
- 500ml Delamere Sterilised Skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp gelatin (powdered)
- 75g caster sugar
- Zest of half a lemon (optional)
- 100ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod (split)
How to make it...
- Pour 150ml of the skimmed milk into a saucepan. Sprinkle over the gelatine and leave to soak for 5 minutes without stirring. The mixture should look spongy.
- Stir in the sugar and put the pan on a low heat. Warm the mixture gently, stirring constantly, but without boiling, until gelatine and sugar dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining milk, the cream and lemon zest. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod into the milk mixture and add the pod too (this will infuse for extra flavour!). Leave for 10 minutes.
- Using a fine sieve, strain the milky mixture into a jug, then pour into 4 moulds, cups or ramekins of 170ml capacity. Allow to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until set.
- To serve, run the tip of a knife around the edge of each panna cotta. Place your serving plate over the top of the ramekin and turn them upside down. Et voila!