Raspberry & Cream Scones
Delicious raspberry and cream scones made with Delamere Dairy goats' milk and butter.
Servings: 8-10 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins
What you'll need
For the scones
- 225g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch of salt
- 55g cold Delamere Dairy goats' butter, cut into cubes
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml of Delamere Dairy semi skimmed goats' milk
- 500g clotted cream
- 1 large jar raspberry jam
- Handful of fresh raspberries
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Using your fingertips, lightly rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and the milk and lightly mix until just combined.
- Put the mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Flatten out the dough using the palm of your hand. The dough needs to be about 2cm/1in thick. Cut out 8-12 scones using a 5cm/2in fluted cutter.
- Place the scones on to the lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the scones are golden-brown and well-risen. Remove from the oven and place onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Serve the scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam.