Masterchef Brian Mellor makes creamy Firni with Delamere Dairy's sterilised cows' milk.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- 500ml Delamere Dairy Sterilised Whole Milk
- 5 tbsp Ground rice
- 2 tbsp Ground almonds
- 200ml Single cream
- 4 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Flaked almonds
- 8 Dried Apricots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Pistachio nuts, lightly crushed
How to make it...
- Mix the ground rice and almonds evenly together. Put the milk into a saucepan and start to warm over a medium heat. Sprinkle the rice and almonds evenly over the top of the milk and bring to the boil stirring
- Add the cream and sugar sprinkle the cinnamon in, stir well or whisk gently and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming.
- Mix the apricot, pistachios & almonds together and when the milk mix is cool stir in around 3/4 of the fruit & nuts reserving a few for decoration.
- Transfer to a serving dish or glass, sprinkle with the reserved fruit and nuts. Firni can be served hot or chilled.