Medium Goats' Cheese, Tomato & Pine Nut Salad
Medium goats' cheese tossed with mixed salad leaves, roasted tomatoes and toasted pine nuts, served with a raspberry vinaigrette.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 15mins
What you'll need
For the salad
- 125g of Delamere medium goats' cheese, thinly sliced
- 250g of baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 120g packet of watercress, spinach and rocket leaves
- 1 small red onion (approx 110g), thinly sliced
- 30g of pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- a small bunch of fresh basil leaves
For the raspberry dressing
- 10-15 raspberries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to break down and char.
- Meanwhile, to make the raspberry vinaigrette, heat a small saucepan over a medium heat and add the raspberries and 2 tbsp water. Gently cook, stirring regularly, for 2-3 minutes, or until the raspberries have broken down into a sauce. Remove from the heat and pass through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Mix the cooked raspberries with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Finally, toss all of the salad ingredients with the dressing and serve immediately.