Classic Yorkshire Puddings
A tried and tested classic Yorkshire Pudding recipe that will make your puddings rise every time.
Servings: 12 Yorkshire puddings Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- 200ml of Delamere sterilised semi-skimmed cows' milk
- 2 large eggs
- 5 heaped dessert spoons of plain flour
- Oil or goose fat
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 220°c. Put 5 heaped dessert spoons of plain flour into a bowl/jug. Add the two eggs and stir a little.
- Pour in the milk and whisk for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth. Place the mixture in the fridge until ready to use.
- Put a splash of oil or goose fat into the bottom of each hole (enough to cover each base) in a deep 12-hole, non-stick pudding/muffin tray then pop into the pre-heated oven to heat the oil for a few minutes. Evenly pour the Yorkshire Pudding mixture between the 12-holes and immediately put back in the oven to bake for approximately 18-22 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately, or you can freeze immediately and warm through to serve later.