- Servings: 8+
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
How to make it...
- Preheat oven to 190'C/375'F/Gas mark 5.
- Cream the spreadable butter and sugar until pale.
- Fold in flour, mixed spice, currants and enough egg to bind mixture to a stiff dough.
- Roll out biscuit dough to approx. 1cm thick and cut out heart shapes with your cutter.
- Lay on greased baking trays.
- Re-roll any leftover dough to make more biscuits.
- Bake biscuits for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, then transfer to a wire tray to cool.
- Once cooled and decorate with icing and sprinkles.