Thai Style Pumpkin Soup
A lightly spicy and sweet, warming soup, great for the colder months made with creamy goats' yogurt.
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- Sesame oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Thai red curry paste
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1kg of pumpkin peeled & cubed
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 200ml cream
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 6 dessertspoons of Delamere Dairy's plain goats' yogurt
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Thinly sliced spring onion for garnishing
- Thinly sliced radish for garnishing
How to make it...
- In a large pan add a dash of sesame oil and gently fry the onion, curry paste and ginger for about a minute or so, add the pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool a little before adding the cream and coconut milk, place into a blender and liquidise well. Season to taste.
- Mix 6 spoonfuls of goats' yogurt with chopped coriander. Divide the soup into bowls and spoon over the yogurt. Sprinkle with thinly sliced spring onion and radish.