Smoked Haddock Macaroni
A rich and creamy pasta dish for all the family.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 35 mins
What you'll need
- 200g macaroni
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g Smoked haddock fillet, skinned & cubed
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Litre Delamere Dairy goats' milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 140ml cream
- 100g Delamere Dairy medium goats' cheese
- 50g plain white flour
How to make it...
- This dish is baked in a lightly buttered, shallow baking dish. Pre-heat oven to 225°C.
- To make the bechamel sauce, boil the goats' milk with the pepper and bay leaf.
- Meanwhile bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the macaroni (according to the instructions on the packet) with the onions.
- Drain when they still have a little bite to them.
- Finish the white sauce by melting the butter, in a thick-bottomed pan, adding the flour, stirring to a paste and gradually adding the milk, little by little and stirring quickly.
- Remove from the heat add the fish, macaroni, onions and hard-boiled eggs, season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place in the baking dish, pour over the cream and top with the cheese (thinly sliced). Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.