Goats' Cheese, Apple & Walnut Cake
A layered sponge cake with a delicious combination of apples, walnuts and medium goats' cheese.
Servings: 10 Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 70 mins
What you'll need
- 150g of Delamere Dairy medium goats' cheese, crumbled
- 100g of walnuts pieces, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium bramley cooking apples (approx 270g each), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 free range medium eggs
- 175g of self raising flour
- 90ml of olive oil
- 100g of raisins
- 110g of light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a food mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, then gradually add the oil.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and fold into the beaten egg mixture.
- Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apple until combined.
- Lightly grease the cake tin and pour in half of the cake mix. Scatter on the cheese, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge, and cover with the remaining cake mix. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes and then turn the cake out onto a cooling rack to cool. Serve warm or cold dusted with a little icing sugar.
Equipment: You will need a 20cm (8 inch) springform cake tin and a food mixer for this recipe.