Delamere Spiced Easter Biscuits
Who can resist a pink icing-covered Easter bunny biscuit? Perfect for little hands to practice their baking skills too!
Servings: 8 + Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 10 mins
What you'll need
- 85g Delamere Dairy spreadable butter
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 lemon (rind)
- 170g plain flour
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 50g currants
- 1 egg, beaten
- Easter or Spring themed cutters
How to make it...
- Preheat oven to 190'C/375'F/Gas mark 5.
- Cream the spreadable butter and sugar until pale.
- Add lemon rind, then fold in flour, mixed spice, currants and enough egg to bind mixture to a stiff dough.
- Roll out biscuit dough to approx. 1cm thick and cut out Easter shapes with your cutters.
- Lay on greased baking trays.
- Re-roll any leftover dough to make more biscuits
- Bake biscuits for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, then transfer to a wire tray to cool.
- Once cooled and decorate with icing and sprinkles.