Moist and tangy carrot cake with a goats' cheese topping.
Servings: 10 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 1 hour plus 1 hour in the fridge
What you'll need
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g muscavado sugar
- 4 dessertspoons Delamere Dairy plain goats' yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 1 banana mashed
- 100g grated carrot
- 50g chopped walnuts
For The Topping
- 175g Delamere Dairy spreadable goats' cheese
- 50g Delamere Dairy goats' butter
- 125g icing sugar
- Few drops vanilla extract
- Walnut halves to decorate
How to make it...
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, yogurt, eggs, oil and banana. Then add to the flour to make a paste before finally mixing in the carrots and walnuts.
- Grease a 20cm sponge tin and line with greaseproof paper. Add the cake mix. Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes to an hour until cooked.
- To make the topping place the cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a food processor for 20 seconds until smooth and spread onto the cake when it has cooled. Decorate with more walnuts and refrigerate for an hour before serving.