Butternut Squash & Goats' Cheese Risotto
Roasted butternut squash, thyme and goats' cheese risotto
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 35 mins
What you'll need
- 1 large onion (approx 210g), finely chopped
- 1 small butternut squash (approx 600g), peeled, deseeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 125g Delamere spreadable goats' cheese
- 300g Arborio risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 45g Delamere goats' butter
- 30g Delamere medium goats' cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stalk (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
How to make it...
- Preheat the oven. Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over the butternut squash and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the flesh is tender and has begun to char.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and 15g goat's butter (1 tbsp) in a frying pan and gently fry the onion, garlic and thyme for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the risotto rice (stirring well to coat the rice in the oil and butter) and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it becomes slightly translucent.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until it has been absorbed. Add a ladle of stock and simmer, stirring, until it has been absorbed. Repeat, adding a ladle of stock at a time until the rice is tender, but retains a slight bite and the liquid has been absorbed. If you run out of stock just add boiling water, a little at a time, until the rice is cooked. This will take 20-25 minutes.
- Once the risotto is cooked, stir in the roasted butternut squash, grated mature goats' cheese, 30g butter (2 tbsp) and the spreadable goats' cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.